If you have a young child on your Christmas list considering getting them one of these 7 unique toy building sets. You never know how it might mold their career aspirations! And building sets can help fuel their creativity and work on fine motor skills.
This article contains affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please see the Disclosure page.
1) Colorful Wood Blocks set by ‘Melissa & Doug’
Here is a fun wood building block set that helps young children improve their motor skills by balancing and stacking blocks on each other. (And most kids have just as much knocking them over!)
- In a world of mostly plastic toys, wood building blocks have become unique.
2) Tinker Toys
These are great fun for kids and because they have 200 ‘snap-together’ pieces of various shapes and sizes, children can build a variety of different buildings, machines, playhouses, and more. They are NOT just cookie-cutter building blocks.
3) Flowers Building Set – “Build-A-Garden”
This flowers building set provides a neat twist on typical building sets: you can build a flower garden. (My daughter loves her set!)
4) Magnetic Tile Building Set 🧲
These are very cool! You can make towers, castles, rockets, and lots more with these magnetic tiles. This set is made by PicassoTiles.
5) K’NEX Imagine Motorized Set
This K’NEX set is for children 7-12 years old and it comes with a motor to put their creations in motion.
6) Marble Run Glow in the Dark set (National Geographic)
Ages: 8+ (manufacturer’s recommended age)
These are fun! This ‘marble run’ building set has 150 pieces so kids can build the towers and then roll ‘glow in the dark’ marbles down the tubes.
7) Harry Potter Lego Set – Astronomy Tower
Lego itself isn’t exactly “unique” but this is a cool Harry Potter building set based on the Astronomy Tower at Hogwarts school.
- It is good for both Harry Potter fans and Lego fans.
- And it comes with 8 little characters from ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ story.
- The manufacturer suggests ages 9+.
Best Christmas Gift idea for children that want to put their creations into motion:
Best Building Set to Hopefully stimulate a “Green Thumb”:
Best Building Set to create a Variety of Buildings, Machines, etc…
I hope this concise list of unique building sets has helped you decide on a Christmas gift for the little builder on your Christmas list.